The Olympic game is right in the corner. Everyone knows some new legends will rise this year. I believe Brazilians are also considered this event as a great opportunity to show their country to the worlds. There were so many legend athletics comes from Brazil, Senna is definitely one of them...
- Advertising Agency: J. Walter Thompson, Brazil
- Chief Creative Officers: Ricardo John, Rodrigo Grau
- CSO: Fernand Alphen
- Head of Digital: Fábio Simões
- Executive Creative Director: Humberto Fernandez
- Creative Director: Gustavo Soares
- Copywriter: Gustavo Soares, Rodrigo Rocha
- Art Director: Diego Vieira, Erico Braga, Pablo Lobo, Pedro Ricci
- Account Team: Tom Corral, Alice Fairbanks
- Project Management: Kazuo Sugui
- Media: João Dabbur, Camila Bertoli, Andreia Kalvon, Andre Sanchez
- RTV Director/Artbuyer: Marcia Lacaze
- Digital Production:: Maisa Delgado, Sergio Costa, Caroline Pivato
- Producer: Flavio Colella, João Ricardo
- Animation company: Le Cube
- Direction: Ralph Karam
- Executive production: Gustavo Karam, Juan Manuel Freire
- Production: Juliana Millán, Ana Sieglitz
- Illustration: Juan Barabani, Mau Lencinas
- Animation direction: Daniel Duche
- Animation: Daniel Duche, Diego Polieri, Israel Giampietro, Fernando Toninello, Guadalupe Vyleta, Martín Lara, Mau Lencinas
- Clean up: Manuela Calderone, Yas Hanna, Juan Huarte, Guadalupe Vyleta
- Composition: Ralph Karam, Nicolás Piccirilli
- Sound production company: Cachorro Loco
Great work, strong message, nice production, interesting approach, very authentic. For those people who doesn't know too much about Ayrton Senna, here is the Wikipidia link. Senna is not just a famous Formula 1 racer for Brazilians; he is an icon, a hero. He is a pure racer, a competitor, a champion. He is stubborn and refuses to compromise with corruption. He is probably the best person to represent Brazil in the matter of athletic spirit.
I believe I've talked a lot about how advertising works on the business perspective. I talked about insights, research, social media, the big idea, the message, etc. Those are from a perspective of business. However, that's not the whole story about advertising. Advertising is the combination of business and art. The business part make advertising survive; the art part make advertising thrive. Despite the original record from Senna, this work has nothing special except the animation work. It perfectly matches up with the voice over from Sena and the roar from a Formula 1 race car. A great piece of art can deliver multiple emotion, in this work, we feel stress with Senna, we feel depress with Senna, we feel motivated with Senna, and in the end, we feel proud with Senna. This is not just a piece of advertising, but also a great piece of art.
BTW, this work reminds me the (again) the Carousel clip from Mad Men, please watch it (again), and tell me you don't believe that art is not important in advertising...