After the Super Bowl commercial "Poppy monkey baby", BBDO New York and Mountain Dew Kickstart launched another viral video commercial 'Freak Chain', it's funny, catchy, groovy and swag.
- Agency: BBDO New York
- Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide: David Lubars
- Client: Mtn Dew Kickstart
- Chief Creative Officer, New York: Greg Hahn
- Executive Creative Director: Lauren Connolly
- Creative Director: Monty Pera
- Creative Director: Don Marshall Wilhelmi
- Assistant Creative Director / Copywriter: Dan Kelly
- Assistant Creative Director / Copywriter: Christopher Cannon
- Assistant Creative Director / Art Director: Todd Rone Parker
- Group Executive Producer: Julian Katz
- Executive Producer: Matt Nowak
- Senior Producer: Whitney Collins
- Jr. Music Producer: Julia Millison
- Senior Account Director: Ladd Martin
- Account Director: Patrice Reiley
- Account Manager: Kylie Halperin
- Planning Director: Brit Browning
- Production Company: Smith & Jones Films
- Director: Ulf Johansson
- Director of Photography: Dick Pope
- Producer: Philippa Smith
- Production Manager: Polly Leach
Please tell me I'm not the only one that actually go and check out the music in this spot. If you are looking for that song too, here is the Link:
Okay, let's be cool for a minutes and take a look at this spot. First of all, it maintain the brand the image of Mountain Dew, when you see something like this, you know it's Mountain Dew commercial. Secondly, based on what I experienced, this spot spend a big buck on social media, especially on Facebook. Probably because I am one of their target. The frequency on the Facebook is insane, I almost see it overtime when I one Facebook. However, I was not bothered, because the video and the music itself is so addictive.
Guess what they do to make it more addictive? A REVERSE VERSION!!!
Now, the shacking butt kitty become the very first time to show up. So, either way, audience would see a fat guy dance like a nuts, or a lovely kitty shacking her/his butt, both of them are hilarious and awesome.
It's not over yet, they made a website to make it even funnier:
If you want to check it out, here is the LINK
Aright, I hope this bring some fun to you at the beginning of the week though, hey, BTW, summer is officially here, grab some drink (like Mountain Dew) and have a party. If you are in NY, count me in.