Remember the unskippable ads from Geico? 5 second golden time for Youtube ad is real, and also that campaign showed to the world how to do Youtube video ad properly. Now, just 6 days ago, Geico launched a new campaign, and brings the "unskippable ad" to a whole new level.
- Advertising Agency: The Martin Agency, New York, USA
- Chief Creative Officer: Joe Alexander
- Group Creative Directors: Steve Bassett, Wade Alger
- Creative Director: Neel Williams
- Associate Creative Director: Mauricio Mazzariol
- Executive Producer: Brett Alexander
- Broadcast Producer: Liza Miller
- Junior Broadcast Producer: Coleman Sweeney
- Group Account Director: Brad Higdon
- Account Executive: Allison Hensley
- Account Coordinator: Allie Waller
- Business Affairs Supervisor: Suzanne Wieringo
- Financial Account Supervisor: Monica Cox
- Senior Production Business Manager: Amy Trenz
- Project Manager: Karen McEwen
- Production Company: Furlined
- Director: Nick Ball
- President: Diane McArter
- Senior Executive Producer: David Thorne
- Executive Producer: David Richards
- Producer: Jason Gilbert
What you think? I know, the phrase "WTF" is probably the most frequent one that pump up in your mind. Yeah, that's exactly what they want you to feel.
Again, storytelling, you probably tired of hearing this word but I still want to reemphasize it. The reason why this ad is so good is not only it tells a story, but also make it very creative to intrigue the audience to watch the ad. People always ready for a good story or piece of content. This time Geico and The Martin Agency show the world again, how to be a brilliant story teller on Youtube. So far, the accumulated views for extend version of these ads reached more than 40,000 in just 6 days, Which means, more than 40,000 times, the audiences click the link in the end of these ads to watch AN EXTENDED VERSION OF THESE ADS!!!
The best part of this ad is it "pulls" the audience to watch the content but rather than just "push". These ads are only 15 second, and guess what? the most valuable message is already been told in the first 5 second. Isn't that amazing? When 5 second reached, you can skip the ad, something weird happened: the ad stopped and say it will fast forward !? It makes the audience stay in the video, and try to figure out what's going on. Then, a completely new and extremely strange scene come up, now the ad totally has the audience curiosity, which is probably one of the most strong human mood to resist.
Few take away from today's ads: 1. Pull not push. 2. Short, not long. 3. Funny, not boring.
Now, I know you curious about what exactly happened, and here they are:
What do you think about these spots? What's your favorite? comment below and let me know!