It's Valentine's day, if you have a special someone, good for you, it is the best time of the year to celebrate what you and your mate have been through. However, if you are single (just like me) work on yourself and hope you can meet your special one sooner, or just get pissed by the Valentine's celebration around you, even from your parents.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still hoping for the best of every couples on this planet, for them to be together and enjoy each other. However, as a human being I think I still have the authority to be jealous on others life.
Anyway, Valentine's day! Just a week after the Super Bowl, there are so many approaches in the advertising world for today, and this is my pick for you.
- Advertising Agency: McCann Worldgroup, London, UK
- Global Creative Director: Miguel Bemfica
- Creative Directors: Ronaldo Tavares, Rachid Ahouiyek, Lee Tan
- Creatives: Marcelo Duarte, Claudia Illan, Carl Larsson, Rachid Ahouiyek, Ronaldo Tavares
- Social Media Specialist: Miguel Vara
- Account Directors: Petra Stachiowiak, Marina Specht
- Account Planner: Wolfgang Eigner
- Agency Producer: Lauren O’Shea
- Media Planning: UM, London
- Digital Production Company: Unit 9
- Producers: Carolyn Appleton, Fabien Terrasse, Vanora Fung
- Film Production Company: Fish Film
- Director: Eivind Holmboe
- Executive Producer: David De La Flor
- Editor: Jose Ramon
- Post Production: Company 3/Method New York
- Sound Design: Pablo Caminero
It is not the most impressive video ads you could see in Valentine's day. Based on the content and the service it promoted (health insurance) it is definitely not that kind of ad for everyone. However, this video is not the end for this commercial, since it guides you to the website http://www.truelovemaps.com is the goal.
If you can check it out, it is a website that can create a short animation for your significant one, to rewind your first meet/kiss, or even the place that you two get engaged. After few simple steps, you can create a short animation and send it to your loved one.
To be fair, this commercial is not that impressive, but it is a great example for User Generated Content. Why should I create every single piece content for my audience? Let them create their own, and become our free brand ambassador! UGC is especially effective in a festival or a holiday, when people tend to do something special to celebrate. Why don't we, as a marketer, help them to celebrate a memorable moment, and remember our brands? Great example? Google Doritos "Crash the super bowl" and Apple's "shot by iPhone" campaign.
However, always remember, do the research on the audiences, what kind of content they want to create, how they would like to share the content? Also, don't be restrict on the content has to be created on your own platform, leverage the social media like Instagram, Facebook, make sure the campaign go viral and epic. At last but not least, make it easy for the audiences.
If you have any thoughts or comments on UGC, please comment below, let's talk about it!
In the end. Happy Valentine's day!